| Search | Login/Register
   Home » Playback Listening » My Audio Philosophy (56 posts, 3 pages)
  Print Thread | 1st Post |  
Page 3 of 3 (56 items) Select Pages:  « 1 2 3
10-13-2019 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Paul S
San Diego, California, USA
Posts 2,213
Joined on 10-12-2006

Post #: 51
Post ID: 25635
Reply to: 25634
Jackpot!
Thanks, Robin! I will get right on this! Auf Englisch haben wir gar nichts an dieses!

Best regards,
Paul S
10-13-2019 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
rowuk

Germany
Posts 294
Joined on 07-05-2012

Post #: 52
Post ID: 25636
Reply to: 25635
Strauss is very special to me (and a lot of others)
If we consider the time that Strauss was musically active, he offers so much connection to romantic history and brought it into the 20th century. The poet Friedrich Rückert spanned the century before him from the late baroque/early classic to the romantic era. These works are very special.

Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.
10-15-2019 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Amir
Iran Tehran
Posts 206
Joined on 02-11-2009

Post #: 53
Post ID: 25638
Reply to: 25636
Ignore it
This topic is my corner , it is about my ideas , my setup , my news and my story. I write here because i do not want create many new topics. I think it is better to write only here.There is No need to read my topic If you think my topic is moronic or useless or similar to audiogon. Romy is site administrator and he can delete this topic if he think it is useless. ArmAlex you are my close friend i do not like attack you but i just want ask you one question, how is it possible you love impressive sound of gryphon speaker , push pull EAR amplifier ,Acoustic Revive (all are 100% recommended by stereophile ) and you read goodsoundclub and defend romy ideas?If you find a right answer to my question then you will find audiogon is better than goodsoundclub for you.
10-15-2019 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
ArmAlex
Iran
Posts 91
Joined on 02-15-2009

Post #: 54
Post ID: 25639
Reply to: 25638
Wow
Amir! we are friends, but it dosen't mean that we must share same ideas. I don't understand what is this all fuss about???
10-16-2019 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
rowuk

Germany
Posts 294
Joined on 07-05-2012

Post #: 55
Post ID: 25640
Amir, this is open internet space
Amir, what you have written is not  a philosophy, it is not a path that guides decisions, not a document what gives others insight into what music does to you and why. I have been following your posting, and to be honest, it sounds more like an audio dealer trying stuff out instead of a philosophy of decisions based on your reaction to music. That is fine. One does not „need“ to have defined reasons for anything in life. Labelling a collection of hardware posts as philosophy is a stretch. More interesting would be what is happening in your head when you listen to music. How does your stereo draw you in to the musical picture. How does that change on bad electricity days.
As far as equipment goes, it is not the system that makes my experience high end. My personal highest end audio is when I read a conducting score without anything turned on at all. The event is 100% what I imagine and want, no disturbance by sonic events or problems in the reading. On other occasions, reading the score is too much work and a fine recording paints a different type of picture, with different colors and use of space. Even although I consider my playback to be reasonably „transparent“, it is not detailed like reading a score. It is also not like a live concert, although my listening habits for all three are similar (sit down and listen for 45-90 minutes).
Changes in my system are very seldom, not because that I have the highest resolution or best audio artifacts, rather because a change takes so long to integrate - if it can be integrated at all. I do have a project in my head that is at least 5 years old and it involves the first 1.5 octave. I have tried various schemes but have come to the point that going for Romys DPOLS probably needs to happen first. Currently adding content under 40 Hz makes the playback worse. Either everything gets too soft or too big. Without it, the sense of space makes big instruments big and intimate recordings „smaller“. With the added extension Dietrich Fischer Dieskau gets a mouth as big as the wall. Large orchestral recordings of course are glorious with more space but I am convinced that I do not need to compromise music before 1800 to get that space.

Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.
10-16-2019 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
ArmAlex
Iran
Posts 91
Joined on 02-15-2009

Post #: 56
Post ID: 25641
YES SIR!!!
 Amir wrote:
This topic is my corner
You are completely wrong. When you publish something it becomes open to every critique. There is no safe corner sorry mate.
 Amir wrote:
There is No need to read my topic If you think my topic is moronic or useless or similar to audiogon
You are completely right. But I can't deny that they are fun to read. Meantime my English reading is fast enough to not to consume a lot of time
 Amir wrote:
ArmAlex you are my close friend i do not like attack you
Thank you very much for your kindness.
 Amir wrote:
i just want ask you one question, how is it possible you love impressive sound of gryphon speaker , push pull EAR amplifier ,Acoustic Revive (all are 100% recommended by stereophile ) and you read goodsoundclub and defend romy ideas?If you find a right answer to my question then you will find audiogon is better than goodsoundclub for you.

YES SIR. orders obeyed!!! I moved to AudiogonSmile

Page 3 of 3 (56 items) Select Pages:  « 1 2 3
Home Page  |  Last 24Hours  | Search  |  SiteMap  | Questions or Problems | Copyright Note
The content of all messages within the Forums Copyright © by authors of the posts