| Search | Login/Register
   Home » Playback Listening » There is no need to say anything if there is nothing to say. (7 posts, 1 page)
  Print Thread | 1st Post |  
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) Select Pages: 
05-28-2010 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Romy the Cat


Boston, MA
Posts 9,631
Joined on 05-28-2004

Post #: 1
Post ID: 13640
Reply to: 13640
There is no need to say anything if there is nothing to say.
fiogf49gjkf0d

Talking with a different audio people and familiarizing myself with what they do I have been observing a well-recognized pattern. The majority of audio people of course are the wasted hostages of adulthood boredom. Still there is a very small layer of audio enthusiasts, probably no more than 0.5%, who are trying to pursuit a sensible reasoning of own audio actions. Those people operate by speakers, amplifiers, cable and the 99.5% of the rest audio Morons think that they are their “audio colleges”, however in really it is very far from truth. Thos people arrange own “authored” playbacks, the playbacks that have expression of own personally and the playbacks that address and express own sonic objectives. This is very far from just building high-fidelity that mostly misunderstood in audio anyhow. This notion of the audio personalization became somehow “popular” recently, primary by the efforts of the sites like mine. Also, the industry whorish shepherds in their desire to develop new and new sale techniques read the sites like mine and try to wax similar poetry promoting the new crap that they were given to sale. Anyhow, let leave the gaining popularity of that “alternative sale” alone – it really does not matter to me how “the whores sale crap to the Morons” -  the phrase that might be the industry slogan. Let to look at that 0.5% of audio folks who do try making sensible efforts in sound reproduction.

For instance, we have a person who setup a playback that reflects his or her very specific sonic objectives and very specific points of expressionism. What does it mean? Does it mean the person’s playback is able to handle higher forms of musicality? Not necessary. If playback is a reflection of intention and objectives then the main question is: how noble and how refined those intentions are. This is dangers territory where people prefer do not go but I do, in facts I feel very comfortable in this territory. I insist that a great proportion of audio enthusiast (still among those 0.5%, the rest are just an irrelevant waste) failed with this playbacks at the level of uninvolved, banal and under developed objectives.   Did you see those young pianists that superbly render notes but their sound never become meaningful music? In their case the low expressivity of this musical phraseology is a direct reflection of their insufficient personal development. They are too “small” to play some music; they can handle the time-amplitude evidence of sound but they are no able to feel sound with subconscious subliminal sensations. There is nothing wrong with it. Those musicians might be wonderful people but they are limited in greatness of musical expressivity.

There is an absolutely the same situation in audio among those 0.5%. The people might have well-formed sonic objective, and they might have skills and means to renders those objective into audio solution but the very question would be – how elevated those sonic objective are? Unfortunately many, very many audio people (against the best part of them, the 0.5%) have sonic ideas very primitive. The primitivism of their audio sinking is very well might be recognize from what people say and in most cases it is not necessary to hear this playback. You would never believe how frequently I make an assumption how a person’ playback might sound by not looking at the person equipment but by listening/reading what a person intend to say. You would be shocked how accurate my predictions are. Particularly if to know the specific gear involved that it is possible to make very-very accurate assumption.

The point of this that we do not escape from ourselves – we are what we are and our actions in audio are juts reflections of it. If you look at an exposition of a painter or read a novel then we can make a very accurate estimate what was in a head of the artist. With playbacks the situation is absolutely identical. There is no need to write a book if there is nothing to say. There is no need compose a symphony if you have nothing express. There is no need to paint, dance, sing, engineer or to do anything creatively if behind you creativity there is no underlying realization of reason, purpose or expressively of you own thought or feeling. There is no needs to build a playback of you have nothing to express by the sound of this playback, at least if you have nothing to say to yourself…

Rgs, Romy the Cat


"I wish I could score everything for horns." - Richard Wagner. "Our writing equipment takes part in the forming of our thoughts." - Friedrich Nietzsche
05-29-2010 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Amir
Iran Tehran
Posts 191
Joined on 02-11-2009

Post #: 2
Post ID: 13643
Reply to: 13640
Like life
fiogf49gjkf0d
 Romy the Cat wrote:

There is no needs to build a playback of you have nothing to express by the sound of this playback, at least if you have nothing to say to yourself…

Rgs, Romy the Cat


OK, but many (that 99.5%) do not like think like that 0.5% (maybe because they could not act like that 0.5%), audio is a hobby for many audiophiles and it is not a serious object to them, relation of audio with that 99.5% is like relation of a baby with his toy. all play the game but they do not think about the result as that 0.5 think.

many people spend their life without thinking and analysing meaning of their life and we do not find people who think about result of their life.

you know audio is like other things that many do not think about them.
05-29-2010 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
zanon
Posts 54
Joined on 11-14-2009

Post #: 3
Post ID: 13644
Reply to: 13640
Where are these peoples?
fiogf49gjkf0d
Romy:

You say "This notion of the audio personalization became somehow “popular” recently, primary by the efforts of the sites like mine"

Can you please give me some examples? I have not seen concept of audio personalization appear elsewhere.
05-29-2010 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Stitch


Behind The Sun
Posts 234
Joined on 01-15-2009

Post #: 4
Post ID: 13645
Reply to: 13643
Blabbering is the life of an Audiophile
fiogf49gjkf0d
 Amir wrote:
 audio is a hobby for many audiophiles and it is not a serious object to them, relation of audio with that 99.5% is like relation of a baby with his toy. all play the game but they do not think about the result as that 0.5 think.
Well, I think, this is wrong.

Most audiophiles say, it is not important, it is only a hobby, but they lie. It is a religion for them. When you write negative about one of their units, you will know very fast what I mean.

All of them look for a place in the invisible Forum Pyramide of „Respect“.

What you can say, is, most of them are deaf morons who would not find a good sounding unit, even when they would save their life with finding it (and it is in front of them).

A real Audiophile spends the day with blabbering.

Sometimes I think, talking with a tree is more successful than talking with an Audiophile. And the worst from them are those who write in Magazines.




Kind Regards
Stitch
05-29-2010 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Romy the Cat


Boston, MA
Posts 9,631
Joined on 05-28-2004

Post #: 5
Post ID: 13646
Reply to: 13644
I won’t be more specific
fiogf49gjkf0d
 zanon wrote:
Romy:

You say "This notion of the audio personalization became somehow “popular” recently, primary by the efforts of the sites like mine"

Can you please give me some examples? I have not seen concept of audio personalization appear elsewhere.

Zanon, I do not read the magazines and site foe sake of memorizing. I do not subscribe audio publications for 5 years and I have very few audio website bookmarked. Still, I somehow quite regularly read what appears out there and available online. So, I have seen in many instances that different authors were “waxing alternative poetry”, mostly they were the staff whore-trampetists who get 2-3 audio devises monthly to sale. Interesting that they do it not as alternative thinking but rather as “different sale tactics”. They draw tears about music and they use in some instances stolen quotes without understanding what they are saying. For the people who sick to read each month about new “best in the world” amplifier or a next sound-improving bathroom facet to read about “something different” might become “interesting”. So, the writing whored capitalize on this interest, not even interest but curiosity, and keep dong thirst only live destiny – to moive brown boxed for somebody.

The caT


"I wish I could score everything for horns." - Richard Wagner. "Our writing equipment takes part in the forming of our thoughts." - Friedrich Nietzsche
05-30-2010 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Amir
Iran Tehran
Posts 191
Joined on 02-11-2009

Post #: 6
Post ID: 13649
Reply to: 13645
Audiophiles
fiogf49gjkf0d
 Stitch wrote:
 Amir wrote:
 audio is a hobby for many audiophiles and it is not a serious object to them, relation of audio with that 99.5% is like relation of a baby with his toy. all play the game but they do not think about the result as that 0.5 think.
Well, I think, this is wrong.Most audiophiles say, it is not important, it is only a hobby, but they lie. It is a religion for them. When you write negative about one of their units, you will know very fast what I mean.All of them look for a place in the invisible Forum Pyramide of „Respect“.What you can say, is, most of them are deaf morons who would not find a good sounding unit, even when they would save their life with finding it (and it is in front of them).A real Audiophile spends the day with blabbering.Sometimes I think, talking with a tree is more successful than talking with an Audiophile. And the worst from them are those who write in Magazines.


well, I agree Audiophiles are sensitive to writing negative about their ideas and their systems but i do not exactly know why they do not want (maybe could not) change their wrong ideas! I guess thinking to the result of their ideas is not a serious object to them and they more prefer enjoy the hobby and form that game as they like.

I do not say they are moron because their ideas is wrong but in my mind moronizm is ZEALOTRY of them to their shape of game.
05-30-2010 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
msaudio
Posts 45
Joined on 12-09-2009

Post #: 7
Post ID: 13651
Reply to: 13640
Maybe there would be more to say, if the subject was worth a shit.
fiogf49gjkf0d

When the ship is sinking, you need to find a life preserver or a boat. Most people in the audio field that are trying to sale something, you cannot trust them because of there bad idea's. There are a handful of audio companies on the cutting edge of the industrie, and the USA is not looking good right now in that field and it has been going down hill for quite some time. Globalization has taken this industrie also do to a companies taking over there smaller rivel and breaking that company up and letting loose the chief engineers and them finding other industries to go into. Example, just look what Harman international has done in there past and the companies they have distroyed, buy cutting cost's. The small guy trying to sale there product has much more of a hard time with cost cutting and advertizing because they all do it wrong, manufactorers of audio gear need to stick with manufactoring instead of trying to sale direct to the customer witch they don't have a clue how to do and that is part of the misinformation problem and not having the right equipment to test there products for accerate specs.   PREACHING HORN RELIGION       MSAUDIO

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) Select Pages: 
Home Page  |  Last 24Hours  | Search  |  SiteMap  | Questions or Problems | Copyright Note
The content of all messages within the Forums Copyright © by authors of the posts